Success and disappointment with molds and melt and pour glycerine

Some of my molds turned out amazing. One that did not was a leatherbound journal I tried to make into a soap mold. My error was that I did not coat the ENTIRE thing in mod podge before making the mold. This silicone rubber is a very good product, but it sucked up the fibers of the book. Also, it got under some of the strings and made an ugly patch. I’m tempted to try some soap in it, but the stains of leather are too deep to seriously use it. I will end up tossing it. 😦IMG_3220 (2) IMG_3221 (2) IMG_3222 (2)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s