This is a 2 pound batch of charcoal soap I tried today. 2 pounds covers six bar molds, a few mini loaves and I filled two small dog molds I have. I combined a few different fragrances. Gingber & tea + cedar and lavender. We’ll see how it turns out.
Fats, oils and butters
- 540 grams olive oil
- 60 grams castor oil
Lye – Distilled Water
- 77 grams lye (sodium hydroxide)
- 228 grams of distilled water
Scent and additives can be added at trace
- 30 to 50 grams of essential oils, *for our teenage years purpose we have used a blend of tea tree, lavender and bergamot.
- 2 to 4 teaspoons of activated charcoal for good cleansing of the skin and antibacterial properties.
- Bentonite clay can be added to add to the benefits of this natural facial soap. Add 1 teaspoon per pound (this recipe would need 2 teaspoons) to warm oils before added the lye-water solution, in between step 6 and 8.